Bill Varney Surf Series Rod made by Cousins 9' Medium-Action Spinning
- The 9' surf series spinning rod works great for fishing the open beach and rocky areas. The longer length gives you a bit more casting distance and hook setting power. Designed for live bait, grubs and light lures. This rod works great for fishing from the rocks or for larger fish like you would find in Baja. The medium action rod is also the rod of choice for those who fish crank baits like Rapala, Lucky Craft and Sebile Lures.
- Bill Varney Light-Line Surf Series Rods
These rods are made by Cousins Tackle Company and designed by me to be used everyday for light-line surf fishing at the beach. Our plant in Huntington Beach, California only uses the finest materials and components to make rods.
- Ultra-Light Weighs only 6.6 ounces
- IM 8 super lightweight custom made graphite blanks
- Extremely sensitive touch where you can feel the bites and just about everything else
- Features hand-sanded imported cork grips with black reel seat
- Fuji K series alconite guides
- Each rod is hand-built in our Huntington Beach Factory
- Triple wrap blue, silver and black guides
- Sensitive enough for perch and strong enough for the biggest surf fish
- Guaranteed against any defect in material or workmanship to the original owner.
Model Length Pieces Lure Size Line Weight
LSU 905S 9' 2 3/8 - 1 1/4 6-20LB
PENN Battle II 3000 Spinning Reel Features:Full metal body, sideplate and rotorHT-100 carbon fiber drag washers5 sealed stainless steel ball bearingsInstant Anti-Reverse bearingHeavy-duty aluminum bail wireSuperline SpoolLine Capacity RingsSaltwater resistant and great for surf fishing